the ponderings of a mother

These are the ponderings of a mother in love with her children, both in my arms and in the grave. Some of these ponderings are quite emotional, some are funny, others contemplative and spiritual. All are sincere. May these writings bless you in many ways and bring you closer to the one, true God and Redeemer of all things.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

"Everybody Out!"

This morning I am up watching the beautiful snow as Jeff snoozes late.  He doesn’t often get this, so I am happy for his extra rest this morning. I am reading and thinking of what I want to write today and thought of something that just makes me smile so much every time it happens. And I get to write about my husband while he is snoozing, so he won’t see this post before I publish it… hehehe J 
Ever since Jeff and I have been dating he has opened the car door for me.  Rarely, if ever, do I remember opening my own door to this day. Actually, at one point in our marriage I did ban him from opening the door. I was so angry at him for something; I told him he could no longer have that privilege.  Oh, this makes me laugh this morning. Anyways, these days he still opens my door when we are going anywhere, and when we arrive, he looks sort of off in the distance and says “Ok, everybody out!”…then smiles and we all 3 get out of the car.  Inevitably, this brings a huge smile to my face and a fun reminder of our growing family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment