the ponderings of a mother

These are the ponderings of a mother in love with her children, both in my arms and in the grave. Some of these ponderings are quite emotional, some are funny, others contemplative and spiritual. All are sincere. May these writings bless you in many ways and bring you closer to the one, true God and Redeemer of all things.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 2 - Day 3 - Day 4


Day 2

6. Colorful leaves having fallen all over my car when I went to go somewhere in the morning
7. Elsa falling from standing, though gently, and rolling to her back with a look of I am about to cry, but I start laughing because it is so funny…and so does she!

Day 3

I awoke this morning with that immediate feeling I sometimes get when the baby monitor is already blowing up with sound and I am still tired, body and spirit rather unwilling. Then flashes through my mind the remembrance…I have to find three things today! Body and spirit move and inkling more toward willing than the second prior and I find the strength to rise.

8. That overwhelming smile of hers when I walk into the room to get her after a nap
9. Still sitting on my lap after 8 books
10. Being especially affirmed of some particular skills I am working on

Day 4

11. Finding the energy to make a yummy pumpkin roll
12. Elsa saying “Uh-Oh” for the first time at the right time!
13. Finding the song by Elizabeth Mitchell called “So glad I’m here” while in the kitchen cooking with Elsa playing on the floor (you should look this one up! She is a children's folk type singer)

No comments:

Post a Comment