the ponderings of a mother

These are the ponderings of a mother in love with her children, both in my arms and in the grave. Some of these ponderings are quite emotional, some are funny, others contemplative and spiritual. All are sincere. May these writings bless you in many ways and bring you closer to the one, true God and Redeemer of all things.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Stare


Another week swept on by, summer creeping in. My love for the outdoors surging again as I stroll under green life bursting from branches high. The beauty from outside fills me within. Writing calls, but this time of year I find the lucidity of my mind waning as I long to experience life full in this new season. Writing is borne of experience. I have lists of things in my synapses popping about, but visceral is my desire. The keyboard can stay indoors…I don’t want to. Hoping you have some time to stand and stare this long weekend.

What is the life if, full of care,
We have not time to stand and stare.
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long a sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.
No time to turn at Beauty’s glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.
A poor life this is if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
“Leisure” by William Henry Davies



"What?, Is there something on my head"
(This is what happens when I leave my daughter with Aunt Sarah)



Out cold. Jeff walked in on her napping like this. Apparently she fell asleep reading. 

Yes, I put my daughter in the bathtub while I was mopping the floors. But besides that, she found the ceiling fan and decided to put up her feet and stare for a while. 
"TOES!"
If you have a better caption for this one please leave it in the comment section :)  



2 comments:

  1. Picture 4 caption:
    "If I can figure these out, I'm outta that bathtub"
    GRAMPS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know this reply is a little late...but that is HILARIOUS! :)

      Delete